Microsoft SharePoint is now used by more than 190 million users and 200,000 organizations worldwide, including global references such as Marks & Spencer, Qantas airline and tyre manufacturer Goodyear.
Microsoft’s popular platform,which allows users to share and manage content in a simple and intuitive way, to ensure more productive collaboration, also provides search functions and ways to discover insights while simplifying notification and approval processes in complex workflows.
Tips for taking the most out of your Sharepoint platform
Microsoft News Center recently revealed some important tips so that users can make the most of the Sharepoint platform:
- Sites: Use the “Search” function to find the websites, people, or files you’re looking for. The “Following” list shows the sites you’re following, while “Featured Content” shows the highlights of the websites you visit or those microsoft considers most relevant to you.
- Files: Files On-Demand allows access to all your files in SharePoint through OneDrive without having to download them all.
- Mobile Access to SharePoint: This app, available in most appstores, allows access to your Intranet content on your smartphone.
- Creation: You can create a site on the SharePoint home page for any task. You can then add a document library to all related files. And you can also create new pages and add web parts such as text, images, videos, and more.
- File sharing: By adding or uploading files to SharePoint, you can make them available to your team, with additional permission for specific access. You can also share files by copying the SharePoint link to another medium, such as email. There is another function available, which allows you to sync SharePoint and OneDrive files, so you can use them even when you’re offline.
- Working with files: On the SharePoint homepage,you can view files, edit them online or in the app, share them, see the recent activities of other team members, see who they’re being shared with, and more. It’s a whole world of features at your disposal of your workforce.